Now create 'lists' of your favourite locations in Google Maps – The long-awaited feature has been designed to help people maintain a list of their favourite places.
The latest Google Maps update now lets you save, edit and share lists of your favourite locations among your contacts.
Google on Tuesday announced the launch of Google Maps new feature 'Lists'. The feature has been designed to help an individual create a list of his/her favourite places. This feature is currently available on the Android and iOS apps.
Users can list the places to visit as well as share recommendations, be it a list of weekend getaways, a list of best street food joints, the best fashion boutiques in a particular area and more. Shared lists are also accessible to users. These lists can also be viewed and edited offline, making it easier to track places even without network connectivity — when travelling, for example.
Users can create the list in two ways:
– Open the side menu, go to Your places, open Saved, and then click on the plus sign in the blue circle at the bottom right corner of the screen
– Open the place you want to add to a new list, tap 'Save', then select 'Create a new list'
Lists created can be shared by following the steps mentioned below:
– Open your list and click on the share button in the top right hand corner
– On both Android and iOS, you can share a link to your list via any app on your phone: Hangouts, SMS, Whatsapp, Facebook or Twitter
– Once a link is sent, the receiver can tap 'Follow' to pull up the list from the 'Your Places' option whenever necessary.
To edit the list:
– Go to Your places and then tap the Saved Tab. Tap on the three dot menu to the right of the list and then click, 'Edit list'. You can also add and remove places from lists directly from a location's place sheet by tapping the 'Saved' icon
With millions of destinations to travel to, users now have the technology that enables them to draft lists consisting local hotspots as well as key locations in destinations abroad.