or her defamatory remarks, producers planning to take Zareen Khan to court – ‘Aksar 2’ makers are furious with leading lady Zareen for calling the film vulgar, and want to slap a legal case on her.
Mumbai: Zareen recently lashed out at the makers, saying that she had been initially assured Aksar 2 would be a “clean film”, but was then asked to “wear minimal clothes in every frame.” She also accused them of certain angles that blurred the line between sensuous and vulgarity, the longer duration of kisses, and the director Ananth Mahadevan being clueless about what he wanted after a certain point of time. She also said that they were very cautious about security during the promotions of the film, and the result she almost got molested in a mob.
For her defamatory remarks, producer Narendra Bajaj is planning to take her to the court. According to a report in Mid-Day, he said, “I will legally pursue the matter after consultation with my counsel.”
He also said that Zareen was kept in the loop about the film, since the beginning. “A bound script was given to her and nothing since has changed. As for the clothes, she tried everything in Mumbai before we left for the schedule in Mauritius and all the clothes were approved by her. So, I don’t understand her comments.”
“Regarding vulgarity, we don’t come from that school and everything was done with the consent of the actor and in the boundaries of the CBFC,” he added.
Aksar 2, starring Zareen Khan, Gautam Rode and Abhinav Shukla, released to disastrous response last Friday.