Did you notice these 5 similarities between Badrinath Ki Dulhnia and Half Girlfriend – After seeing the trailer of Half Girlfriend, we can’t help but find some similarities between this Arjun Kapoor-Shraddha Kapoor-starrer and Varun Dhawan-Alia Bhatt’s Badrinath Ki Dulhania. Here’s a lowdown…
• In Badrinath Ki Dulhania, it’s love at first sight for the 10th pass Badri (Varun), who wants to marry the graduate Vaidehi (Alia). From what we can make out from the Half Girlfriend trailer, Madhav (Arjun) is from a Hindi medium school who comes to a city college to complete his studies and falls in love with the sheher ki ladki, Riya (Shraddha).
• Badri’s Vaidehi does not reciprocate his feelings and is not interested in marrying him, but becomes friends with him. In HG, Riya just wants to be friends with Madhav, and calls herself his half girlfriend!
• While Vaidehi is an ambitious girl who wants to pursue her career as an air-hostess, Riya aspires to be a singer. Both Badri and Madhav have a loyal friend in Sahil Vaid and Vikrant Massey who act as their voice of reason.
• Though Vaidehi finally gives in to Badri’s proposal, at the last minute she ditches him and takes off to Singapore as she lands her dream job. Riya and Madhav’s friendship goes kaput and she goes to New York to fulfill her dream of becoming a singer.
• Badri goes to Singapore in search of Vaidehi, who he still loves, but gets into several scraps with the law and she rescues him. Madhav vows to hunt Riya whom he follows to New York.